Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Republican Presidential Field Shrinks Again

Firstly, I must admit that I was wrong in my latest prediction of who would stay, who would go... of course, that was a month ago and I predicted the next to go would be Duncan Hunter...

Well, FoxNews is reporting that Sam Brownback is exiting the race.

He has not stated an endorsement of any candidate, but we may see an endorsement when he officially exits the race tomorrow.

So the Candidate field is now as follows...

Rudy, Mitt, Thompson, McCain, Huckabee, Tancredo, Paul, Hunter.

My predictions for the shrinking field are as follows:

Tancredo will withdraw by the end of the month, giving him one more debate (this Sunday) to make his case on immigration. Then it is time for him to come home (to my district) and consider running for re-election into the House.

Though Hunter has little support, and little funds, it seems that he is willing to stick it out a little longer... perhaps until the early Primaries.

Ron Paul will continue his crusade through the primaries. Why do I think this to be true? Because he has no intention of running as a third party candidate... so this is his shot for the spotlight.

The other five will be the core group of vote-getters, and will continue to jockey for position.

Make sure to tune in on Sunday to see another great debate (i hope)

No comments:

Post a Comment