Barack Obama will not accept the Democratic nomination at Pepsi Center in front of the 20,000 volunteers and delegates... instead he has chosen a larger venue to offer himself to the people - INVESCO at Mile High.
This move will be cause for change to city planning, state planning, and protester planning that has been in the works for some time.
But what it does is try to portray Obama as "the peoples candidate"... as in the "People's Republic of Obama"?
The acceptance speech is already going to be broadcast worldwide... what is Obama trying to show by snubbing the convention process in favor of a giant venue? His campaign's explanation is that he wants to make himself available to young folks who are new to the process...
While I would usually agree that this is a great idea, the 11th hour change to accommodate Obama's wishes is a sign of his arrogance and pompousness as he is dubbing himself Mr Inevitable... Alas, good sir... The American people are now watching you... and this intimate affair you have been having with the MSM is going to be coming to an end... The people of America will start to see your record, your habits, your confidants, and your true colors.
Hugh Hewitt, whom many of my long time readers know that I agree with rarely on Presidential Politics, has posted some great talking points regarding the True Obama. I will share some of them here, and we can begin to discuss why Obama cannot win in November.
1. He had a stumbling, bumbling close to his primary campaign, and the opening weeks of his general campaign have been marked by flip flops and lurches left. - Hillary Clinton made some of her biggest gains against Obama in the last few contests. Obama proved that he is not ready to handle a general election match-up.
2. He's hard left. - I have said it many times over, Barack Obama will implement change in America that will ensure that the United States of America becomes the United Socialist States of America.
3. He wants the marginal rate on total federal taxes, including his social security tax hike, to immediately rise at least 57% on the highest earners. Obama wants to raise taxes even in a weak economy, though this is a recipe not just for recession but worse. Obama also wants to raise taxes on dividend income and to return the death tax to its highs of eight years ago. - The top 1% of wage earners in the US already pay 50% of the total tax revenue, while the bottom 50% of wage earners pay 3% of the total revenue. The top 1% are the job creators. They are the innovative and motivated. They bear the highest burden of our society already, a burden that if it becomes too hard to bear may take them out of the game. Imagine if you earned $99 and paid $10 in taxes because you were in a lower tax bracket... That is where the middle class finds itself. Now imagine that you work overtime on the weekends to try and put your children through college, and you earn $101, putting you into a higher tax bracket... Now you pay $45 because you worked harder and earned more. It would have been more beneficial to NOT WORK and take the $89 instead of bustin' your hump to end up with $56.
4. Obama has proposed more than a trillion dollars in new spending - That is not total budget, like GW Bush's $3.1 Trillion budget he just sent to congress... it is additional spending. With no spending cuts for failed programs, no stop to earmarks, that brings the US federal budget to an unprecedented $6.1 Trillion.
5. He thinks the most liberal member of the Supreme Court, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, is a great model for future Supreme Court appointments - Please see my post about the Heller v DC Supreme Court Case to see how this one would turn out.
6. Obama is not a strong friend of Israel. He spent 20 years in a church that was openly hostile to Israel, and he reversed himself on Jerusalem as the undivided capital of Israel after one day of criticism by Palestinians - I have posted my feelings many times regarding Israel, and their right to exist as a free country. Obama's embrace of the Muslim Countries to the extent that they regard Israel as a nuisance is the most troubling, especially to Jews who fight for life and religious freedom every day in that tiny country.
7. He supports abortion on demand, including partial birth abortion - The founders wrote in the Declaration of Independence that we were Endowed by Nature's God with certain inalienable rights, the most important was Life (as it was listed first). The Right To Life is the single most fundamental right that every being, every soul, has. It is more than just a "burden" that parents have to endure, being "punished with a baby" (Obama - "if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby")... it is a responsibility for the action of sexual intercourse, and a result that, if unwanted, should not punish the child with death! Obama is absolutely wrong and extremely left-ward on his approach to abortion in the US.
The list continues, and I will continue to work so that all 75,000 seats in that stadium are empty, or at least filled with those who know Obama's looming damage to the country and the world.