The DHS released an intelligence briefing warning that conservatives - that is, those opposing Obama's ultra-Liberal agenda - should be considered potential terrorists. This on the eve of the Tea Party Protests, clearly meant as a show of force by the Obama administration to Conservatives that noncompliance will not be tolerated - the first step toward totalitarianism...
The briefing can be read here
Specific areas I would like to highlight -
1. Regarding Lone Wolfs, as reported on Monday in my question into the Fiber Optics cut -
"The possible passage of new restrictions on firearms and the return of military veterans facing significant challenges reintegrating into their communities could lead to the potential emergence of terrorist groups or lone wolf extremists capable of carrying out violent attacks."
2. Those who have legally purchased weapons in the wake of the election have now been targeted as right wing extremists -
"Proposed imposition of firearms restrictions and weapons bans likely would
attract new members into the ranks of right wing extremist groups, as well as
potentially spur some of them to begin planning and training for violence
against the government. The high volume of purchases and stockpiling of weapons and ammunition by right wing extremists in anticipation of restrictions and bans in some parts of the country continue to be a primary concern to law
3. Special warnings have been set for "Disgruntled Military Veterans" of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars -
"DHS/I&A assesses that right wing extremists will attempt to recruit and radicalize returning veterans in order to exploit their skills and knowledge derived from military training and combat. These skills and knowledge have the potential to boost the capabilities of extremists—including lone wolves or small terrorist cells—to carry out violence. The willingness of a small percentage of military personnel to join extremist groups during the 1990s because they were disgruntled, disillusioned, or suffering from the psychological effects of war is being replicated today."
The report summarizes that those concerned with the following are potential terrorists:
1. concern over planned bans on guns, forced gun registration, and shortage of ammunition
2. concern over loss of US manufacturing ability to foreign countries
3. concern over UN involvement in US affairs, such as the new "Child Care" world treaty that Obama is signing the US into, and a broad move toward a One World Government
4. concern over lack of government action regarding illegal immigration
5. concern over economic downturn related to civil unrest and protests against the govt (Tea parties)
6. Christians who believe in "end times" prophecies
7. concern over same-sex marriage, abortion, and other leftist social agenda items
In short, just as the MIAC reported that conservative values were being deemed potential terrorist ideology, now so is the Department of Homeland Security echoing that call.
There is further discussion that Conservative Talk Radio is acting as the mouthpiece against the government, and is merely fanning the flames of dissent, leading to radical extremism - also known as conservatism...
Folks - the ideals of the Republican Platform, the basis for conservatism, and the fundamentals of libertarian free markets have officially been identified by the Obama Administration as threats to his new government - his new country.
I never would have thought that in America one who truly believes and defends the ideals on which this country were founded would be labelled as extreme.
So there you have it. As you join the tea parties today, know that the government is watching you - labelling you as a threat to American Security - and will treat you like the extremist terrorist that you are.
Give 'em hell, then, I suppose!