Friday, May 18, 2007

Why I like Mike Huckabee for our next President

ExploreHuckabee.com - I Like Mike!

Let me preface this by saying that I started supporting Huckabee for president the second that I read his bio on Wikipedia... which was about December of 2006. Talk about a well rounded guy without the "drama" of EVERYONE else in the conservative camp! Anyway, I liked what I saw and joined the Explore Huckabee team right away.

Since then, I have paid special attention to his speeches, his comments during the debates, his e-mails, and his blogs... this guy just keeps looking better and better.

To top it off, I recently purchased his latest book, "From Hope to Higher Ground: 12 STOPs to Restoring America's Greatness"... and I am quickly realizing that this is the sort of president that the US needs!

He is the answer to the growing political rift, the increased divide in the "class", and the content based politician that has been elusive in recent federal elections. Believe it or not, Mike Huckabee stands for common decency toward your fellow man, and he not only believes in what he says but he LIVES IT! He is of the same line of thinking that I am, that the government is only as good as the people who support it, and thus it not only benefits us ALL to be better people, but to be involved in our community and thus better ourselves and our expectations of our government.

As he states in his book, we are in a political environment where the goal is to win, not better the lives of the people. This is where the vicious attack campaigns have come from... and it is destructive to not only us as citizens, but to the pool of citizen servants who will dare put themselves into the political spectrum... i.e. it scares away a lot of great political potential for fear of defamation... and what we are left with... the "lesser of two evils"...

This is exactly why I intend to vote for Huckabee. He is a decent man, with a great outlook on life. He is the very type of man that you can ACTUALLY be proud of when you say, "That's my President!!!"

And when I decide to get my political hands dirty, I hope to have the same outlook, and openness that Huckabee has.

This man has moved me, and I am sure that if you look into what he stands for, perhaps read his book, you will be moved as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment